Bigleaf Networks is currently building a dedicated QA team as we evolve and enter a period of growth. The ideal person for this role will also be extremely passionate about QA. Do you take pleasure in finding hidden issues in systems? Do you enjoy serving as an evangelist for technical debt that stands in the way of a better experience for our customers? Do you love networking? Are you willing to be an outspoken advocate for our customers? The ideal person for this role will answer “yes!” to all of these questions. If this describes you, please read on, and apply!
What You’ll Do:
As a QA Engineer at Bigleaf, you will put the customer first by working with Engineering and Product to understand our customer workflows and identify bugs, regressions, and other issues in our systems. You will develop and execute test plans to increase our QoS and customer satisfaction.
You will approach your role as a tester and engineer with an exceptional ability to identify, articulate, and prioritize issues within our products and workflows. You will also focus on establishing critical QA processes and ensuring quality is top-of-mind. We are looking for someone who can think creatively to consistently surface issues (before they reach customers) and assist with building scalable processes to validate and debug complicated network behaviors.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote. Proximity to the Tigard, OR office is required to be close to the QA test lab.
- Design, implement, and maintain hardware and software-based test environments that allow for rapid verification of our products in real-world scenarios
- Contribute to QA and test automation to quantify product performance, e.g., network load and throughput testing, performance comparisons of new hardware platforms, etc
- Work with Product and Engineering to review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to facilitate creation of test plans
- Help to maintain automated testing systems and processes that others on the engineering team can contribute to
- Work tirelessly to find issues in our systems (before they impact customers) and help others in engineering understand impact and reproduction. Record and track bugs; verify efforts to mitigate bugs
- Act as a constant advocate for our customers
- Integrate regression tools into our release process to build confidence in every release and shorten the time to delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Deep experience with QA processes and bug tracking systems
- Experience using test frameworks and harnesses (e.g., Robot, Selenium, JMeter, RSpec, etc.) to build larger, customized validation suites
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
- Experience using Spirent or Ixia network test hardware
- Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP, etc.) and networking technologies (VPN’s, traffic engineering, etc.)
- Ability to effectively utilize Wireshark to read and understand network traffic
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan – buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.