Splendid Spoon, a Series B stage food tech business, is experiencing spectacular growth as more consumers explore plant-based eating and a desire for their meals to be delivered directly to their doorstep.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Food Innovation team. The Food Innovation team operationalizes the Splendid Spoon mission from conception to delivery. We ideate and bring our food to life. We make delicious food, ensure food safety, and instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, partners, and planet. Your role is to provide safe and delicious meals for our customers.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for developing Splendid Spoon’s Quality Assurance program that ensures Splendid Spoon’s products and ingredients’ safety and quality through the supply chain.
We are looking for someone who has a background in food science, quality assurance, and food safety in a food co-manufacturing setting and is detail-oriented in data collection and reporting.
This role is remote-eligible with preference given to candidates in the New York area. Travel to our co-manufacturer sites located in New York is expected 20-30% of the time.
- Own the quality and the food safety of Splendid Spoon products.
- Build robust quality assurance and food safety programs with our co-manufacturers to ensure a best-in-class finished product.
- Hold co-manufacturers accountable for quality assurance issues that arise, while also improving the standards of quality.
- Understand and identify our biggest quality risks and then work to drive continuous improvement and data collection related to short-term and long-term gains.
- Report on key performance indicators related to the quality of finished goods.
- Oversee co-manufacturer’s compliance to quality standards by conducting product evaluations, evaluating supplier issues and production data, and developing mitigation plans.
- Recommend recipe and raw material adjustments to drive efficiencies, flavor consistency, and quality improvements.
- Submit samples to third party labs for shelf-life testing and track all results.
- Support new product launches by participating in data collection for specification development.
- Create quality and food safety reports, including but not limited to direct RCA (root cause analysis).
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in food science-related or technical related fields
- Experience with building and managing QC or QA in a co-manufacturer setting
- Experience in quality assurance and food safety; areas of experience include HACCP, GMP’s, data collection, and continuous improvement
- Understanding of statical process control
- Ability to work within strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Food Innovation, Co – manufacturers, and Operations
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Detail-oriented with a bias for action
- Must have (intermediate to advanced) skills in computer applications and systems, including G-Suite and Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Regulatory compliance experience
- Competitive salary + generous PTO policy
- Free weekly Splendid Spoon meals!
- Annual stipend to build your ideal remote work environment
- Team wellness classes and events
- Company-sponsored virtual hangouts
- Group of supportive employees who are passionate about each other and improving people’s experience with food
- We’re a small team; you’ll have an outsize impact on the future direction of scaling our food product
- We’re customer-focused: doing what’s best for the customer wins disagreements at Splendid Spoon