- Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Remote, United States and Canada
Compensation: $140,000 to $190,000 base with bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for an innovative and highly motivated QA/Test Engineering Manager with excellent technical and communication skills. As a Manager at Huntress, you will be responsible for leading and coaching a team of testers to assist in delivery of high-quality software features for the Huntress Security Platform that provides for automated detection and human-powered threat hunting.
The Huntress Security Platform consists of the Huntress AWS Portal and over 1 Million endpoint agents that serve the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets. You will focus on building and coaching an expert team of engineers. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
- Hire, coach, and mentor a diverse team of test engineers with emphasis on collaboration, teamwork and creativity
- Lead the team to build and set standards for team excellence, driving performance improvements
- Help drive software quality while balancing the needs of the business and team members
- Lead the team on the required skill sets and philosophies for creating and managing test plans, dividing up test cases into the different kinds of testing (Unit, Integration, End-to-end, etc.), enhancing test tools, and ensuring all appropriate testing is being done for each engineering feature.
- Lead with transparency, candidly challenge assumptions, exhibit integrity above all else
What You Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years of experience building an executing test plans, automating tests, working within CI/CD test environments
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing, coaching, and mentoring test engineers
- Experience with different software development methodologies such as agile, scrum, and kanban
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to grasp new software architecture and technology quickly
- Ability to operate independently make decisions, take action, and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders to help minimize silos and drive teamwork across teams
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.