mmhmm is a video communication company helping people instantly produce live and recorded video presentations that are entertaining to watch and easy to make. Founded in 2020, we believe being better at video is a crucial skill for any successful modern business. As a fully distributed, global team ourselves, we’re on a mission to empower people who work on video (that is, nearly everyone) to create more sustainable and joyful ways to work, teach, and collaborate. Our growing team includes founding members of Evernote, and we’re backed by Softbank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. mmhmm is part of All Turtles, a mission-driven product studio building meaningful products people love.
As the Mobile QA engineer you will be a key member of our Apple Platforms team, primarily responsible for ensuring we deliver the highest quality iOS and iPadOS experience possible for our users. You’ll work with software developers, product managers, designers and our customer service team to test applications, debug issue reports, and create a process where we feel confident in our releases.
You’ll be successful in this role if you enjoy working towards becoming one the most knowledgeable individuals about a product and how it gets to consumers. You should be an effective communicator, comfortable exchanging information in a clear and concise way with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining, executing, and reporting on a reliable suite of tests to ensure confidence in the quality of our mobile app releases.
- Maintaining a relationship with customer support and internal feedback channels to debug, triage and prioritize discovered issues.
- Being a customer advocate within our mobile and Apple platform teams as you will be representing the best interest of our users as we make decisions regarding the design, development and release of our apps.
- Becoming a power user of our products, you will understand the functionality at the deepest levels and use that knowledge to improve testing and ultimately overall quality.
- Developing a deep understanding of the Apple ecosystem and new products and technologies within it to advocate for improvements to testing strategies, release processes, and product functionality and performance.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Spent multiple years in a professional QA role focused on Mobile apps and the backend services that support them.
- An ability to manually test mobile apps and identify discrepancies from original designs, usability issues and functional issues.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with diverse teams, including experts and novices in both technical and non-technical roles.
- Worked in a startup environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, learning new systems, and finding creative solutions.
- Proven ability to manage your own workload and the ability to support multiple projects at a time.
- A willingness to learn and the desire to explore more efficient ways of improving our testing capacity, such as automated testing.
This Mobile QA Engineer is a full-time position reporting to the Mobile Engineering Manager. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.