At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
Why Gainsight PX?
Gainsight PX is the fastest growing part of Gainsight’s business and is well positioned to continue on a strong growth trajectory based on recent competitive wins and a large and fast growing market. Companies such as Autodesk, Adobe and IBM leverage PX to:
- analyze product usage trends
- increase user adoption
- capture user feedback
- Inform product investment decisions
Product leaders from across the software industry recently awarded Gainsight PX the Proddy Award for product analytics.
With the recent success of companies with a PLG strategy, many companies are focused on how they can use this strategy to grow and or retain their user base and/or acquire customers. PLG strategies are dependent on accelerating time-to-value and user adoption, which makes investments in PX or similar solutions a business imperative.
Gainsight has long been regarded as the preeminent thought leader in Customer Success. We are investing heavily to establish a similar presence within the product management community (e.g Pulse for Product) and are also partnering with established thought leadership providers to reach prospects (e.g. ProductCon Sponsorship, PLG Certification).
Our market leadership position in the CS technology market, uniquely positions Gainsight to provide solutions for both CS and product teams which are increasingly working together to drive retention and growth. The products are natively integrated, therefore, enabling our customers to quickly and easily realize the combined value proposition of the two products together. While many PX customers have purchased PX on the basis of the solution meeting the needs of their product teams exclusively, some standalone PX customers have invested in PX with the notion of adding CS at some point in the future. The breadth of our offerings leads to a unique position in the PX market landscape, which has proven beneficial.
The Strategic Engagement Manager (SEM) at Gainsight is a critical member of the professional services team. You will be the main stakeholder on projects, responsible for the success of enterprise level software implementations. In order to achieve this success, you will leverage your previous enterprise professional services experience, project management expertise, strong communication/written skills, relationship building prowess and conflict management skills.
What You’ll Do
- Execute implementation projects while partnering closely with our prospects’ and clients’ Executive-level project sponsors
- Drive the Onboarding efforts of new and existing customers by understanding business objectives and partnering with the project team to prescribe best practice recommendations in order to achieve those goals
- Deliver on these engagements which includes driving milestone meetings, customizing and developing new project artifacts and ensuring high levels of impact and client satisfaction with the services rendered
- Develop detailed project plan schedules and work breakdown structures to ensure project team accountability for milestone dates and work quality
- Track detailed scope of engagement and when applicable work with the customer to estimate scope change/additions and execute change order(s)
- Create comprehensive weekly status reports and communication plans to executive sponsors and internal/external project teams
- Proactively identify implementation risks and mitigate them effectively and efficiently
- Quickly establish/nurture rapport and a positive relationship with customer stakeholders
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative evaluation of deliverables, budget, schedule, resource forecasts, project scope, and develop an action plan to mitigate risks and issues identified
- Coach and mentor project team members (potentially across multiple time zones) to facilitate improved teamwork both internally and with the client
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature capabilities of the team
- Work with sales and services sales to scope and estimate sales opportunities
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in professional services, management consulting, customer success, business analyst, or another client-facing role,
- 2+ years of experience successfully managing SaaS software implementation projects using waterfall or agile methodologies
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted, successful, and satisfied customers
- Exposure to and understanding of HTML, CSS, product architecture, database management, and data integration as they relate to the software implementation process.
- Ability to properly document business requirements and provide prescriptive recommendations (best practices ) to guide clients to successful implementation and adoption outcomes.
- Proficiency with spearheading initiatives with cross-functional teams on a number of concurrent engagements.
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and VP & C-level stakeholders
- Passion to be an expert on the product and for being part of a fast growing company
- Experience in or Exposure to Product Analytics, Product Experience, Product Management, In-Product Messaging.
- Experience with Gainsight PX, Mixpanel, Amplitude, WalkMe, Pendo, Totango, Google Analytics or the like
- Project Management certified
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field
Why You’ll Love It Here
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values:
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients, or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching, and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism, and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Some other reasons that Gainsters love working here:
- Our Customers: 700+ happy customers. ‘Nuff said.
- Our Pulse Community: Some of the brightest and nicest professionals, colleagues, and friends make up our 20k+ strong Pulse community.
- Our CEO: With a 99% approval rating on Glassdoor, Nick Mehta is one of the most beloved CEOs in Silicon Valley.
- Our Gainsters: 1200+ (and growing!) smart and friendly teammates around the world.
- Our Pulse Impact program: We are committed to advancing an equitable, human-first industry culture by addressing professional barriers to success and promoting an inclusive community that reflects the diverse world around us.
- Our Parody Videos: No explanation needed, just watch them here!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark at a high-growth company and have loads of fun doing it. Come join us!