Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
As a Merit Project Manager, you are the driving force behind the success of every assigned delivery operation. You will develop detailed project and work plans, manage cross functional teams, set and achieve milestones, and communicate the result to team leads. You will create, support, and execute operational tasks related to project management and Go to Market support as needed and directed by our Director of Delivery Operations. This role will report directly to our Director of Delivery Operations.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Manages projects from planning through delivery
- Liaises between project members, cross functional teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, cost, and meeting plans are communicated
- Defines project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities
- Defines resource requirements and manages resource availability and allocation
- Outlines a budget based on requirements and tracks costs to deliver project on time and on budget
- Prepares a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities
- Plans and facilitates project meetings to align the project team to methods and goals to track project tasks
- Tracks project and provides regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders
- Manages and adjusts for any changes in project scope, schedule, or budget
- Identifies and mitigates potential risks
- Manages the relationship and communication with the client and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Manages delivery of the project according to plan
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field or equivalent years of experience
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management processes, workflows, and terminology
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven project management experience in Emergency Management preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills to identify risks and solve problems
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback
- Capacity to manage stressful situations
- Strong business acumen
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.