Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,300 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Program Manager to manage our global People Team’s PMO function. The ideal individual will be someone who can partner with the broader people team and our leadership in deploying project & program management practices, governance standards, processes & strategies. Our Program Manager will also focus on instituting metrics, ensuring projects & programs are well defined, scheduled, tracked, prioritized in alignment with strategic business imperatives & communicated in a consistent and effective manner.
Your goal in this role will be not only to provide PMO Process leadership, but to support our People Team Operating model, the operating plan, foster greater collaboration, innovation and continue our mission to drive more value out of our delivery services. In this role you partner to align with the People leadership team and key people team leaders on critical processes such as program capacity management, leading the preparation and delivery of the Annual People Team execution plan, and keeping up to date our People Team Score Cards, delivery alignment, and potentially other processes and governance strategies. Ultimately you will focus on maintaining key leadership relationships, escalations, planning and nurture business stakeholder satisfaction for projects within the People Team’s program and project portfolio. Facilitate strategic program reviews on regular cadence
Flywire is a fast-paced, dynamic company that continually presents opportunities to boldly innovate and solve complex challenges. This is an exciting opportunity to build new capability within a top fintech company and serve as the team’s go-to resource! You will be a key stakeholder working closely with People Team leaders, business stakeholders and executives.
- Create, update and regularly enhance the PMO framework to create basic guidelines, templates and processes that will drive consistent Program Management efforts across the People Team.
- Manage People Team Programs to the agreed Annual Operating Plan (AOP), ensuring Project Portfolio planning & prioritization, demand management, pipeline, project and financial management.
- Ensure effective program deployment & adherence to program management standards (PDP/PPM), effectively managing project pipelines to optimize delivery.
- Engage in financial management activities to ensure the People Team programs and project stakeholders are responsibly & effectively managing budgets, resources, and engaging in activities that ensure effective utilization & capacity management.
- Work closely with project sponsors, cross-functional teams, & assigned project resources to develop the scope & deliverables, ensure project and program resourcing, work plans, budgets, and timelines for new initiatives
- Drive strategic programs & establish plans aligned to milestones and other People Team priorities, ensuring regular communications & updates are delivered to stakeholders.
- Anticipate risks and roadblocks, manage program prioritization, timelines, balance business needs versus technical and/or operational constraints, and produce program reports for managers and stakeholders.
- Identify process changes within the People Team, provide leadership and effectively drives change efforts; incorporating effective change & risk management controls
- Manage, lead, and/or support program & project teams for optimal return on investment and coordinate & delegate cross-project initiatives
- Identify key requirements for cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change managers
- Managing main program documentation such as the program initiation documents and charters.
- Collaborate to develop & manage budgets for projects & programs & define accountability for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Coordinates, collects and centralizes all information about the activities of the program (i.e. research outputs, program level performance indicators)
- Prepares and coordinates program level documents such as (annual work plans, project information memorandum, communications strategies, evaluation plans, project reports or briefings, reports to donors, reports of meetings) for the program team, and in response to specific requests
- Drive global, strategic & operational initiatives for the People Team in collaboration with Flywire executives, cross-functional departments, & the People Leadership team.
- Develop and monitor the progress of communications plans, forward strategies & roadmaps, project plans, KPI scorecards while providing data-driven insights and updates to the CPO, People team and various cross-functional stakeholders including other C-suite executives.
- Implement PPMC software and resource management tools, process templates, document repositories, management processes, & stakeholder satisfaction surveys.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration or related field
- 8+ years of progressive Program Management experience & experience with program management methodologies (certification preferred).
- Deep project/program planning & implementation background; with demonstrated success delivering mission critical projects, including all aspects of process development & execution
- Proven knowledge of project and program management methodology & techniques
- Strong analytical skills, fully proficient in a Mac and Google suite environment
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Extensive experience conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; innovative problem solver
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing.
- Proven capability managing multiple key stakeholders up to Exec members.
- Proven capability to effectively assess the communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, presentation skills as well as written and verbal
- Track record of successfully & effectively prioritizing & executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical, execution, relationship building, presentation & communication, and organization/planning skills required as well as previous experience working in a global context.
- Ability to succeed in an environment without robust process structures
- A friendly, positive attitude, strong leadership skills, as well as the ability to influence without authority
- Priority Setting
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Process Management
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.