While this role is based in Sydney, Australia we are open to remote, hybrid, or onsite for this position.
We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a remote-first global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as the # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
As a DroneDeploy Product Support Associate, you’ll be based in our Sydney, Australia office to become an expert in cutting-edge technology…our drone flight and 3-D data platform! We are serious about providing a top-notch customer experience through continuous learning, knowledge-sharing, and deep customer empathy. You will collaborate with both your fellow Support folks around the world and cross-functional teams to resolve customer issues and help improve our products.
- Use your troubleshooting skills to help our customers resolve any issues they may have when using our product to fly their drones or process and analyze data collected during a flight
- Rapidly and accurately resolve customer tickets via email, chat, and phone-based support in Zendesk
- Look for ways to improve processes and tools to help us scale our global support team
- Continue growing and refining our knowledge base by contributing to both internal and external documentation
- Use your active listening, customer empathy, and de-escalation skills to maintain and grow customer relationships
- Advocate for our customers by collaborating directly with Engineering, Product Management, and our UX team on customer pain points or other product improvements
- At least one year of experience in a software support role OR a degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Deep empathy and desire to help others, even those who are having a bad day
- Strong troubleshooting and logical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to recognize patterns that could indicate the presence of a deeper technical issue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated things simply
- Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- Must be able to obtain a RePL license within the first 90-days of employment
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM AET or 9:00AM – 6:00PM AET
- If located in Sydney, able to work within the Sydney office 1 to 3 days per week (remaining days of the week can be worked from home)
- If not located in Sydney, must be able to travel domestically to occasionally meet with the Sydney team
- Fluency in: English
Nice To Have
- Industry knowledge or experience in construction, agriculture, energy, facilities, or related fields
- Experience or training in GIS Production systems, CAD Environments, and photogrammetry or geospatial software
- Experience with APIs, SSO, SQL queries
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk Suite, Google Suite
- Fluency in: Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese
- Interest in photography
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.