About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora Solar is looking for a strategic Competitive & Market Intelligence Manager to deliver actionable insights and strategies to further develop and promote Aurora’s leadership in the market. As part of the Product Marketing team, you will conduct primary and secondary research and analysis, collect and synthesize information and data, create compelling content, and continuously convey your learnings with internal teams. This is a highly visible role, requiring close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Sales, CS, CSM, Product, and Marketing, to integrate market and competitive intelligence into strategic decisions made across the company.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own Aurora’s market & competitive intelligence program, including win-loss analysis, sales enablement, and competitive deal support
- Gather primary (win-loss interviews, sales sentiment, etc.) and secondary research and data to determine market conditions, competitive insights, and trends in the solar software market
- Identify and curate insights on competitors’ current offer strategies, product sets, capabilities, offers and pricing, competitive positioning, growth activities, and other changes affecting market dynamics, performance, and market share
- Create compelling content in the form of competitive battle cards, SWOT, win-loss analysis, and more for use by customer-facing teams
- Develop a communication plan to regularly share key insights with internal stakeholders across teams, including Product, Sales, CS, and Marketing, to inform product and GTM strategy
What we value:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into relevant, comprehensible, and actionable insights for different stakeholders
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to team up cross-functionally, especially across marketing, product management, and sales channels
- A process-motivated person with the ability to stand up programs with company-wide impact
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Passion for solar and climate tech is a bonus
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
– Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $117,000 – $158,000.00
– Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $113,000.00 – $153,000.00
– Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $106,500.00 – $144,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.