Position: Product Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing / Growth Team
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Content
Location: North America / Work from home
Compensation: $85,000 – $105,000 USD
Open through: April 22, 2022
Tessitura is a not-for-profit company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organizations thrive.
CRM lies at the heart of our mission and our technology platform. With Tessitura in their toolkit, organizations can achieve their goals with ease.
The Tessitura community includes over 750 cultural institutions in ten countries. Our staff provide 24/7 support and offer guidance to grow revenue and build lifelong engagement.
Tessitura Network, a nonprofit tech company dedicated to helping arts and cultural organizations thrive, is seeking a Product Marketing Manager. This position is part of the global Marketing team within the Growth group, which works collaboratively to elevate and protect the Tessitura brand, position Tessitura’s products and services compellingly, and drive sustainable community growth.
The Product Marketing Manager will shape how we talk about our products and features. They will gain a detailed understanding of products and features, articulate and distill their business value, and craft effective positioning and messaging that will drive demand and adoption of the product. Their work will be a key driver of presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and fuel both growth and retention.
This is a highly collaborative role. The successful candidate will work closely with product owners and other members of the Innovation group to understand products early in the development process. They will ensure that product and feature names clearly communicate both function and value and will build the bridge between technical information and positive outcomes. They will collaborate with the marketing, learning and sales teams to shape messaging, content, and collateral to drive product adoption. They will also collaborate across the company to ensure that the entire team understands the business value of existing and new capabilities. This collaboration will ensure a consistent story throughout a user’s entire experience of Tessitura, from sales demos to onboarding, to documentation, support, and learning opportunities.
The Product Marketing Manager works with multilayered audiences in mind: colleagues, users, prospects, ecosystem partners, the technology provider industry, and the arts and culture sector. This role will ensure that outcome-focused messaging is woven into everything we do, so that the appeal and value of features are both clear and consumable to users and decision makers.
- Collaborate with product owners and other key stakeholders to understand company products and features, both existing and those that are in development
- Translate technical details into benefits and outcomes
- Craft compelling product names and messaging that strategically position and promote Tessitura products and features
- Follow and analyze market trends to inform product positioning
- Ensure that product and feature names clearly communicate function and value
- Through early adopter processes, collect feedback directly from our users, including positive user stories and quotes that will drive content, communications, and collateral
- Collaborate with marketing, learning, and sales teams to shape messaging, content, and collateral to drive product adoption
- Provide a broad understanding of the business value of products and features to internal stakeholders across the company to cultivate a consistent way of talking about the product
- Participate in planning and executing marketing and communications campaigns across channels
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and iterate using relevant KPIs and feedback from prospective and existing users
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing and/or other relevant disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise, persuasive copy
- Ability to understand technical information and translate features and specs into benefits for the end user
- Strong analytical skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly
- Ability to work on a wide variety of tasks and projects concurrently and to prioritize as needed
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and move projects forward
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work calmly, effectively, and flexibly in a busy remote work environment
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team setting
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities that the arts and culture sector faces
- Expertise in one or more areas of operations in the arts and culture field (ticketing, fundraising, visitor services, etc.)
- Experience using the Tessitura platform and/or other CRM and ticketing platforms at arts and culture organizations
How to apply:
Apply by submitting a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample at tessituranetwork.com/about/careers, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your writing sample should describe the value and appeal of a product (any real-life product that you like and know well). Please include one description of no more than 75 words and another of no more than 25 words, both for the same product.
Our company is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as well as providing a workplace of mutual respect, free of any discrimination or harassment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Commitment:
At Tessitura, our mission is to enable arts and cultural organizations to achieve their goals. We recognize that having a diverse team is not only critical to our commitment to adopt equitable behaviors, it will also fuel collaboration, innovation and creativity as we deliver on our mission.
Creating an environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work is both our pledge and our passion.
Ultimately, providing an accessible and inclusive workplace will allow the Tessitura community to thrive.
Tessitura is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Tessitura also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law. Subject to its legitimate business requirements, Tessitura bases all personnel actions, such as recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, recall, compensation and benefits, discipline, termination, and educational, recreational, and social programs, solely on an individual’s qualifications, merit, and performance.