Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
The Org Portal is the centerpiece of Merit’s products. As the name suggests, it’s the portal organizations use to manage their merits, connections to data, verification criteria, and administrators. Every Merit journey begins with the Org Portal and its success is fundamental to the challenges we have ahead of us.
The Org Portal is being relaunched this year and we are looking to hire someone to work closely with our CEO (and co-founder) and our Director of Product to oversee development. Once you are fully onboard you will be handed the reins. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience owning end-to-end product development, and specifically with B2B products that involve integrations with “outside” data sources.
- Work alongside the Merit’s CEO and Director of Product Management to relaunch the Org Portal, then assume full ownership
- Understand the customer types intimately and be the voice of the end users
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for the Org Portal
- Produce PRDs and Specs with acceptance criteria for new work
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of new features
- Work with the Design team to produce wireframes and final designs
- Work with the Engineering team to turn PRDs and Specs into development tickets
- Work with Test/QA to produce test plans
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to create data pipelines to extract information from your product to be used internally and delivered externally
- Work with marketing and Go-to-Market teams to effectively release features
- Create data and analytics requirements for tracking success metrics
- Participate in an on-call role when needed
- Present to leadership and the company when called upon
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Has owned the end-to-end development of an entire product or significant piece of a larger product
- Experience with B2B software development
- Self-motivated, self-starter who gets things done efficiently and proactively
- Empathetic leader who cares about people as much as they care about success
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture and break it into achievable pieces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage up and down
- Strong attention to detail, while knowing how to work with ambiguity
- Comes to the table with an opinion, but remains open to the ideas of others
- Knows when to be decisive and how to bring people onboard to those decisions
- Sets expectations up front, keeps their word, and alerts people should expectations need to be changed
- Knows how to utilize data to make decisions, but can operate with a lack of data
- Understands the differences between meeting styles (presentation, brainstorm, discussion, etc.) and knows how to facilitate them effectively
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.