Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $125,750 – $165,500
Are you prepared to take the reins over a suite of revenue generating apps and scale them? Can you manage the roadmap and development of multiple apps at once, each with their own distinct functionalities, user types, and KPIs, while still adhering to overall product strategy and company business objectives? Do you want to be part of a fast growing, venture backed, start-up where your contributions are felt every single day?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, let’s talk! Merit is looking for an experienced Product Manager to take ownership of a core product suite in our product offering; Merit+. You will be responsible for defining product strategies and roadmap for several apps within the Merit+ ecosystem, while overseeing their execution and overall vision. For this role, you will need to successfully manage entire products, not just key features, and have a mind built for creative problem solving. We’re looking for a mini CEO to own this product suite.
At the end of the day, the Merit App Suite is where the action happens and the money gets made. We’re looking to hire someone who is hungry for this level of responsibility and prepared to put in the work required to scale its success. If this sounds like you, then we invite you to apply.
- Ownership of a core, revenue generating Merit product package
- Define the strategic vision and roadmap for the Merit+ and its suite of apps and tools
- Be the voice of the end user
- Produce PRDs and Specs with acceptance criteria for new work
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of new features and entire products
- Work with the Design team to produce wireframes and final designs
- Work with the Engineering team to turn PRDs and Specs into development tickets
- Work with Test/QA to produce test plans
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to create data pipelines to extract information from your product to be used internally and delivered externally
- Work with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to effectively release features
- Create data and analytics requirements for tracking success metrics
- Participate in an on-call role when needed
- Present to leadership and the company when called upon
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Has owned the end-to-end development of an entire product or significant piece of a larger product
- Experience with B2B2C software development
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies, articulate customer insights, test, learn, and make clear, analytical recommendations
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities and under tight timeframes
- Track record of identifying market opportunities and articulating competitive differentiators
- Comfort with ambiguity as this role will evolve based on strategy and product priorities
- Self-motivated, self-starter who gets things done efficiently and proactively
- Empathetic leader who cares about people as much as they care about success
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture and break it into achievable pieces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage up and down
- Strong attention to detail, while knowing how to work with ambiguity
- Comes to the table with an opinion, but remains open to the ideas of others
- Knows when to be decisive and how to bring people onboard to those decisions
- Sets expectations up front, keeps their word, and alerts people should expectations need to be changed
- Knows how to utilize data to make decisions, but can operate with a lack of data
- Understands the differences between meeting styles (presentation, brainstorm, discussion, etc.) and knows how to facilitate them effectively
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.