Hipcamp is looking for a Product Manager to join our distributed Product team to lead our guest growth initiatives. The ideal candidate has 2+ years in Product Management or Growth and has experience acquiring and retaining users in a marketplace business. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide. Learn more about our company values here.
Hipcamp’s product culture is built on a deep and genuine commitment to helping people connect with the outdoors. To us, product doesn’t mean just Hipcamp.com and our mobile apps—it also means the actual campsites and the on-the-ground experience our guests and hosts have. This is a chance to flex your big picture thinking and lead a product that spans both online and offline experiences.
About the Role
In this role, you will help Hipcamp get more people outside by growing our guest community. You will be responsible for finding ways to acquire, activate, refer, and retain guests as they move through the Hipcamp experience. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams to deliver the experience and technology that drive the core engine of our business. Building a great product is a highly collaborative effort, so it’s important you are a team player with strong communication skills.
What Success Looks Like
- You synthesize and prioritize the needs of our Hipcamper community and the internal teams that work with Hipcampers.
- You create, optimize, and iterate on acquisition, onboarding, and retention funnels where the ROI is highest.
- You’re an expert on connecting the dots between channels, campaigns, and the Hipcamper experience.
- You partner with analytics and marketing to identify and understand growth opportunities.
- You lead a team of engineers, designers, and operations teammates to drive exponential growth.
- You apply best practices for how to best engage customers and retain them for the long term across different markets.
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment and iterate quickly.
- You maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance.
- You leverage process and create structure to help teams be the most productive.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 2+ years in Product Management or Growth at a marketplace company
- Proficiency with rapid hypothesis-driven experimentation and analysis
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders
- Strong UX and design sense
- Operational mindset
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Passion for our mission
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.