Stackwatch deploys our flagship product, Kubecost, on-prem and in virtual private clouds across dozens of flavors of Kubernetes, cloud providers, and hardware, and to our own hosted product. We are looking for a Product Manager to help guide and manage the delivery of a diverse set of product components based on open core projects that make up the Kubecost product. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that requires immense cross-functional execution spanning Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Own the whole product experience and define product strategy
- Engage with our users to develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Assist in building product roadmap based on customer needs, market, and technology trends
- Define and author product specs, user stories, and high-level requirements
- Collaborate with Engineering to plan, drive, and execute on product release cycles
- Work with Support and Customer Success teams to ensure the Voice of the Customer informs the product roadmap
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps or infrastructure software
- Strong communication skills, verbal & written
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and multi-cloud services
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $150k-$170k
- The equity compensation for this position is 0.1% – 0.21%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees, 50% paid for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
💚 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, “co-working weeks”, and more
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.