We’re looking for a Product Design Manager to join our team. You will work with and report to the Director of Product Design and manage an existing team of motivated UX designers to create new experiences that help scientists accelerate their research.
As a Product Design Manager, you will Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of UX Designers, driving high-quality UX design throughout BenchSci’s ecosystem, aligning with customers and our needs.
- Provide leadership to drive the creation of world-class user experiences, build healthy teams, align UX to business outcomes, and improve design operations for high-impact results
- You proactively identify and drive opportunities to improve UX processes, people, and outcomes across large portions of the platform and team
- Build a strong, sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent, providing mentorship and coaching to enhance overall skills and performance, critiquing work, and supporting career growth
- Proactively identify and drive cross-team strategies that operationalize best practices and improve team health, processes, and standards
- Champion UX best practices across teams, raising the visibility of work and ensuring partnership with key stakeholders
- Model BenchSci’s values and leadership principles, developing an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, continuous learning, good humour, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill our vision
- Be a passionate advocate for the user, grounding ideas in data-driven solutions by partnering with our User Experience Research team to incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Related fields include Design, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Software Engineering, Psychology, and Technical Communication
- Management skills
- Design skills with skills in interaction and product design
- Experience with user experience principles and research methodologies
- A record of providing thought leadership, bringing industry trends and positively leading change to mature the design practice.
- Ability to recruit team members
- 7+ years of experience delivering high-quality user experiences
- 3+ years experience in building and coaching teams for high-impact results
- A background in life sciences (strong asset)
- Experience invisualizing complex data (strong asset)
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.