The big picture: Axios is a rapidly growing digital media and tech company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format. We’re hiring a Product Design Intern to help us build new digital products.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
Why you matter: You believe that the truth matters now more than ever and the idea of joining a high-growth media company excites you! You’re passionate about the evolution of the media and tech industries and want to be part of a team that’s shaping the future. You place value in working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you..
The details: Our Product Design intern will have the opportunity to focus on UX/UI Design, Design Systems, and UX Research across our web and mobile web experiences. The ideal candidate will have passion for identifying users’ pain points and have experience with designing through all phases of the product design process. The position will work through the entire lifecycle of the product, designing site maps, user flows, wireframes and presenting mockups and prototypes that adhere to user-centered design principles. This role includes day-to-day collaboration with engineers, product managers, and other types of designers.
- Proactive, self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to design projects
- Must be hands-on with design and design strategy, is energized by problem-solving and loves to develop solutions for difficult problems
- Passionate about designing for content rich experiences that have a major focus on a design system, user interface, end-to-end user experience, and user-driven needs
- Interested in gathering user and project requirements to create conceptual wireframes, lo-fi/hi-fi prototypes, and final designs for user-facing products
- Wants to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, experience rapidly creating designs, can clearly and passionately articulate the thinking behind a design
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Learning & Development and Production teams
If this sounds exciting, apply today with your resume and complete the application question fields.
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.