Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues—and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
As a Product Content Specialist, you will work with the content manager and other freelance contributors to maintain Humu’s voice across the product. As both an editor and writer you will help keep assignments moving, and ensure content deliverables are provided on time, within scope, and of the highest quality. You will also ensure content stays true to its scientific foundation while keeping it fun and engaging for users.
What you’ll do
- Review and edit short-form content assignments, and provide feedback and guidance to writers
- Check submissions against library to ensure all added content provides new and unique user value
- Conduct occasional audits of the content library, making edits and suggesting improvements to ensure content adheres to style guides
- Create and iterate on short-form content and UI copy
- Help maintain product content style guides, providing updates and improvements as they arise in the flow of work
Who you are
- BA in writing, communications, journalism—or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of editorial experience
- Eagle-eyed: You have impeccable grammar and attention to detail
- Deadline driven: You can work quickly while still putting a lot of thought into your content
- Agile: You have high tolerance for ambiguity, and a willingness to iterate based on multiple perspectives and feedback
- Adaptable: You are comfortable reading scientific material and translating it into fun and engaging content for a non-scientific audience
- User-focused: You know how to look at product experience through the eyes of a user when drafting copy.
** This contract role is open to remote candidates in the United States