Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a podcast producer with a deep understanding of crypto, including DeFi, NFTs, and infrastructure. You will oversee production across our crypto podcasts, collaborating with the creative and editorial teams to craft compelling stories that engage our listeners.
As a critical team member, you’ll ensure the efficient production of high-quality podcasts that educate and entertain our audience. You’ll work closely with our podcast hosts to develop engaging content that reflects our brand values and messaging. This is a unique opportunity to significantly impact the growth and success of the largest crypto and macro podcast network in the world.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office.
What You’ll Do:
- Source and schedule guests, staying up-to-date on industry news and trends to identify untapped potential for exceptional stories.
- Plan and research episodes, creating deep-dive briefings and questions for podcast hosts before recordings.
- Craft content post-production using tools like Descript to refine our content and ensure it meets our quality standards. You’ll listen to ALOT of podcasts.
- Work with editors and designers to produce engaging content
- Write descriptions, timestamps, and titles to engage viewers and drive downloads
- Work with the marketing team and promote our podcasts through social media channels like Twitter and other platforms.
- Track analytics across the network to bolster growth and audience retention.
- Manage our podcast sponsors, lead sponsor kickoff calls, write sponsor copy and develop sponsor reports.
- Lead the creative development and launch of new Blockworks podcasts to grow our network.
- Support our conference content for live panels and events.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for storytelling and creating outstanding content
- Deep understanding of crypto
- You are an avid consumer of crypto podcasts and Crypto Twitter
- An ability to discern compelling story threads
- Experience making content in the crypto space
- An ability to work proficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and professional communication and performance skills
- Comfortable with front-facing outreach for guests and interfacing with clients
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org