Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Title: Performance Consultant
Initial Location: Remote/Home Office (US)
Initial Travel Requirement: 10%
Technology Specialization: Application Performance Management (APM) and End User Experience Monitoring (EUEM)
As a Performance Consultant, working with Riverbed’s APM and EUEM products, you will help solve clients’ enterprise-wide network, application, server capacity and end-user performance issues. The position combines engineering disciplines with business focus for delivering and utilising IT performance management solutions. You’ll leverage Riverbed’s technologies to plan, design, deploy, operate, manage, troubleshoot and optimize IT infrastructures and devices.
The position combines engineering disciplines with a business focus for delivering and utilizing IT performance management solutions. You will leverage Riverbed’s technologies to plan, design, deploy, operate, manage, troubleshoot and optimize IT infrastructures and devices.
- Serve as an expert in cloud migration, application performance, and/or application delivery utilizing Riverbed’s complete Digital Performance platform.
- Provide specialized planning and design expertise in digital experience monitoring, application performance troubleshooting and/or optimization and end user performance analysis
- Analyze and understand customer’s IT organization, requirements and processes, and use this knowledge to assist in achieving full adoption and utilization of Riverbed’s solutions to maximize ROI and business value
- Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
- Produce solutions to fulfill customer needs within budget and schedule constraints
- Work directly with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Troubleshooting performance issues for UNIX and Windows based platforms
- Developing scripts for use with Riverbed’s APM and EUEM products for metric collection and remediation tasks.
- Collecting end user and application performance information for troubleshooting
- BS/MS degree in a technical field, or equivalent military or career experience
- Experience in professional services, technical consulting, or software development/systems administration preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, drive IT projects forward in large organizations, and translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Self-motivated and capable of high performance under minimal supervision
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Professionalism appropriate for working with Fortune 2000 clients
- Passion for teamwork and contributing to a world-class Professional Services team which values excellence, execution, and integrity
- Organized and detail-oriented, with strong customer service and technical skills
Desired Technical Skills:
- Solid knowledge of:
- Cloud-based technology such as AWS, Azure, and Docker
- Network and infrastructure performance monitoring and analysis experience is preferable.
- Solid understanding of common application architecture frameworks, distributed mechanisms and messaging components.
- Understanding of IT methodologies for deploying and changing software in Enterprises
- Proven technical skills, including SQL and XML, along with an understanding of network/HTML/HTTP traffic
- Excellent programming skills in either Golang, Rust, C++, Python or PowerShell and familiarity with others.
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As a government contractor, Riverbed is required to ensure that all of its U.S. employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Riverbed job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table.
US-CA-Home Office US-TX-Home Office US-IL-Home Office US-OH-Home Office