Reporting to the Red Team Staff Security Engineer, the Penetration Tester will help us to build security into our services, fortify our defenses and protect the systems that allow people to order their food quickly and securely.
If you are someone who enjoys the challenge of penetrating several technology platforms and protocols and partnering with software engineers to ensure it never happens again, then we encourage you to apply! Olo is a remote-first company and as such you can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in New York City.
What You’ll Do
- Penetration testing of web applications, native apps and other systems
- Design and code reviews of new systems and features
- Coach and work with engineers to build in security and privacy by design
- Provide team members with concise, well-written penetration reports
- Coordinate and track penetration testing and vulnerability assessment remediations
- Conduct Red Team exercises to evaluate and improve processes and technologies.
- Perform application design, threat detection, incident response, patching, vulnerability remediation, secure development training and user training.
- Partner with Blue Team daily to manage risk as threats evolve
- Work with PCI and SOC auditors to ensure security policies are understood and complied with
What We’ll Expect From You
- 5+ years of experience in Penetration Testing, Red Team or Application Security experience.
- Proficient in common attack tools, vulnerability assessment and static inspection tools.
- Knowledge of information technology, evolving threats, attack patterns, incident response and cyber security standards.
- Experience using secure development frameworks (ie. OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25 and Microsoft SDL).
- Proficient in bypassing and tuning security technologies (ie. Anti-Malware, IDS, DLP, FIM, Firewalls, SIEM, MFA, Web Proxies and WAF).
- Familiarity with AWS security best practices and Infrastructure-as-Code.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!