WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Communications and Marketing Department consists of ActBlue’s brand keepers and lead storytellers, managing all external communications, assisting with internal communications, and promoting small-dollar fundraising on the left.
The Social Media Intern position is designed for a student who is passionate about politics, advocacy, and helping small-dollar donors make an impact. The role primarily focuses on content creation and effective communication with our users via social media. The Social Media Intern will help craft posts and campaigns across platforms that align with the strategy set by the Social Media team and use ActBlue’s brand voice. They will also monitor and analyze conversations across social media to gain insights on what messaging will resonate with our users.
As an intern with the Communications and Marketing department, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments at weekly meetings and build a strong cohort. You will also have an intern supervisor from ActBlue’s social media team who you’ll meet with weekly to discuss your work, goals, and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist with drafting content for ActBlue’s social media channels by contributing to marketing and communications campaigns and participating in brainstorms.
- Monitor conversations happening across social media and press channels to help escalate and triage.
- Provide administrative support as needed, assisting with generating social media analytics reports and scheduling content on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform research to assist with the development and execution of ActBlue’s social media strategy, compiling key findings and sharing them out to the team.
- Assist with communications functions such as press monitoring and compiling news clips.
- Join and contribute to team and department meetings along with meetings focused on specific projects as needed.
- Build a strong cohort with other ActBlue interns and meet regularly to network and collaborate.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from January 23, 2023, to May 5, 2023.
- Willingness and ability to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Cultural awareness with an interest in current trends in social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Discretion with sensitive information.
- A creative and collaborative mindset.
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through November 28, 2022. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The application process includes:
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home written exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with the department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting in to ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.