WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You will support ActBlue’s Movement, Issue, & Charitable Organizations (MICO) team, which supports nonprofit and progressive organizations that use ActBlue for digital fundraising and organizing. The Outreach MICO Intern will contribute to short- and long-term projects across various functions and will be responsible for research, information gathering, and organization systems that benefit the team.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments at weekly meetings and build a strong cohort. You will also have an intern supervisor, who will meet with you weekly to discuss your work, goals, and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Research and gather information for the MICO team, including prospecting.
- Create spreadsheets and other helpful documents to organize and compile data.
- Contribute ideas for and help organize MICO’s celebratory virtual gatherings.
- Learn from and engage with staff about the MICO team’s work.
- Help prepare for, contribute to, and take notes during MICO Outreach Team meetings.
- Build a strong cohort with other ActBlue interns and meet regularly to network and collaborate.
- Work on other projects as assigned, including with the Outreach Assistant.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from January 23, 2023, to May 5, 2023.
- Willingness and ability to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for opportunities to learn and contribute.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through November 28, 2022. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The application process includes:
- Cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Take-home written exercise (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with the department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.