WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Communications and Marketing Department is ActBlue’s brand keeper and lead storyteller, managing all external communications, assisting with internal communications, and promoting small-dollar fundraising on the left.
The Marketing Creative Intern position is designed for a student who is passionate about politics, advocacy, and helping small-dollar donors make an impact. The role primarily focuses on short- and long-term creative and/or messaging projects across various functions and will be responsible for marketing and design research, information gathering, and project support.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with interns from other departments at weekly meetings and build a strong cohort. You will also have an intern supervisor who you’ll meet with weekly to discuss your work, goals, and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Actively research trends in design innovation and share your findings with the team.
- Collaborate with art directors and designers to fulfill ActBlue’s creative needs, developing campaign concepts and creating content and illustrated materials with tools such as Figma and Adobe.
- Contribute to team projects and document creation.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Actively participate in Communications and Marketing Team meetings.
- Build a strong cohort with other ActBlue interns and meet regularly to network and collaborate.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program.
- Strong commitment to ActBlue’s mission.
- Availability from January 23, 2023, to May 5, 2023.
- Willingness and ability to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Strong design skills and an eagerness to develop those skills further and improve your portfolio.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Discretion with sensitive information.
BONUS POINTS IF…
- You have prior experience working with Figma.
Join us for a unique and rewarding remote undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications on a rolling basis through November 28, 2022. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The application process includes:
- Design samples or a portfolio, cover letter and resume
- Phone interview (30 minutes)
- Final Zoom interview with the department (45 minutes)
Please note that you will have time to ask questions during each of the interview stages — we want to ensure that you have a chance to learn more about this role throughout the process!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote hourly employees in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
This is a part-time, paid internship ($20 per hour), which includes benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting in to ActBlue’s 401k program. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and work remotely from your home if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.