You’ll be working on Storybook, one of the largest and fastest growing open-source projects, used by frontend teams across the industry. You’ll use and invent the latest web technology to solve key problems in frontend development, documentation, and testing. Along the way, you’ll collaborate with a globally distributed team and build your reputation as an open source leader.
- Develop open-source tooling, features, and integrations
- Large-scale project maintenance and management
- Help organize an active OSS community of over 1400 contributors
- Promote your work through blog posts and documentation
- Comfortable with at least one modern view layer (e.g. React, Vue, etc.).
- Have developed components in isolation before (e.g used Storybook, Styleguidist, etc).
- Ability to design and implement algorithms operating on typical data structures.
- Excellent technical communication skills and enthusiasm for writing things down.
- Timezone: US East Coast to US Pacific (you don’t have to live in the US) or Europe.
- TypeScript and modern ECMAScript: Promises, async/await, rest/spread
- Build tooling: webpack, babel, vite, rollup, etc.
- Browser APIs: DOM APIs, fetch, localStorage/sessionStorage, CSS, and other advanced browser features.
- Open source contribution & maintenance
- Continuous integration: CircleCI, GitHub
- Testing best practices
- Working in monorepos
You’ll join our world class engineering team to build software you’ll be proud of. We build tools that are used by thousands of development teams around the world. And of course we use them ourselves.
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Work with brilliant frontend people who helped create core frontend tech for thousands of companies from Airbnb to Zenefits. Three times. In a row. Meteor, Apollo GraphQL, and now Storybook. Learn more
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law.