Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians (Groups), physician-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar) and technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the future health of the United States. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare. We launched Pearl Health to help PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Traditional Medicare. This solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to their entire patient population and democratize access to healthcare risk, making it more readily available and optimized through an intelligent marketplace. We free physicians to better allocate their time with patients, increase their autonomy, and provide incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence.
What we hope you can do…
Our Network Development Associates accelerate the expansion of our provider network, focused on generating qualified opportunities in designated markets that convert into Participating Providers in Medicare’s Direct Contracting program, driving opportunities to successful close with support from internal subject-matter experts, Growth team leaders, and executive support.
As a Network Development Associate, you will spearhead the early development of relationships with independent Primary Care Physicians across an entire region of the US, educating them and their office staff on the benefits of value-based care broadly, the ACO Reach program specifically, and how Pearl can help them succeed in stabilizing their revenue and participating in the value they create by effectively managing their patient panel.
This position requires the ability to make cold outreach to provider practices, concisely communicate with providers & their offices, and walk them through sophisticated performance analyses and nuanced regulatory questions. You will exceed baseline performance metrics, understand the local dynamics of your assigned markets, and stay thoroughly informed on healthcare industry trends. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to dig into the possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
What a Network Development Associate means to us…
- Engage a market of prospective providers across communication channels (e.g. phone calls, email, fax, and other targeted campaigns).
- Coordinate meetings with key stakeholders and prospective providers.
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Design and improve the communication modules, outreach mechanisms, and rewards that further engagement with our provider partners.
- Identify local and market-specific insights and willingness to travel to assigned geographies for live prospecting.
- Attend networking events, community events and conferences to generate partners.
- Perform calculations and leverage analytics to provide prospects and existing partners with forecasted performance metrics.
- Use database, CRM, or other software to meticulously track progress with opportunities as you manage your markets.
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-4 years of experience in network contracting and development, or other relevant provider practice-facing field. Experience at an ACO is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- You are relentless but patient. You are constantly hunting for prospects but also understand that the contracting cycle requires lots of touches with potential partners.
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians
Location / Remote Work
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area.
This role will be remote but will require travel in the region around which the employee is located to meet with physicians in his or her markets of responsibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
*If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The On Target Earnings (base pay plus variable cash compensation) pay range for this position is between $71,500 and $175,000 per year. On Target Earnings pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/