MOBILE SOFTWARE ENGINEER (REACT NATIVE) – U.S. REMOTE
Opendorse, the NIL company, is the leading technology provider in the athlete endorsement industry. More than 70,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. Fans, Brands, Sponsors, Donors and more can connect with athletes to complete deals, manage their NIL, and secure payment. For Student Athletes, the Opendorse marketing, education, and compliance platform serve as an all-in-one NIL solution.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Mobile Engineer with React Native experience to join our organization to help guide and build our mobile experience alongside a group of high-performing “no excuses just results” people. We are an incredibly collaborative and agile company that values adaptable people with the desire and ability to positively contribute to our rapidly growing team.
If you love a challenge, take initiative, and are driven by results, this role is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup, that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design to implement elegant and efficient solutions to business problems
- Design and deliver quality, secure, and sustainable software
- Champion code quality and architectural best practices
- Self-accountable to short-term and long-term objectives
- Pursue continuous improvement in technical and non-technical personal development
- Pursue continuous improvement to systems and processes
- Work with product managers and architects to develop proof of concepts and estimates for future work
- Be a contributing member to our cross-team mobile guild to guide the evolution of our mobile experience
- Work closely with backend engineers to build efficient and effective applications
- Comfortable working on greenfield projects and helping to establish milestones
- New feature development
- Defect fixes
- Unit/integration test development
- Address technical debt
- Story estimation and task tracking
- Adhere to source control strategy
- Participate in on-call technical support rotation
- Production systems support
- Participate in sprint planning and daily standups
- Assist in software deployments
- Perform code reviews
- Assist with onboarding new team members
- Technical documentation of feature and processes
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of experience building and deploying mobile applications
- 2+ years React Native
- App Store/Play Store app lifecycle management
- App CI/CD
- Git or other source control
- Agile Methodologies
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned mobile engineer with a strong desire to build something great with people you care about. Must be adaptable and have a passion for cross-team collaboration and a willingness to guide and help teammates. You are a critical thinker that has experience improving existing products as well as building greenfield applications. Web development and/or start-up experience is a plus but not required.
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.