We are seeking applicants located US & Canada with authorization to work in those countries.
Universal Tennis Overview
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events, and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is Silicon Valley based, profitable, high-growth and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Ken Hao (Chairman, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic (20-time Grand Slam Champion); Mark Leschly (CEO of Universal Tennis, Founder & Managing Partner of Iconica Partners, Managing Partner of Rho Capital Partners); Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
We’re looking for a mobile lead to anchor our US mobile team! To excel in this role you should have a strong understanding of mobile development and best practices, be willing to dive into any challenge, collaborate with peers and project stakeholders, and deliver high quality experiences to our growing user base.
In this role you will;
- Help hire and mentor junior engineers
- Bring new and improved mobile first tennis experiences for both players and providers. Examples include leagues, group messaging, player monetization, gamification, rewards and more
- Set best practices working alongside our VP of Engineering
- Use the latest technologies including Kotlin & Jetpack on Android and SwiftUI and Combine on iOS
- Support new initiatives including collaborating with design and product management to establish development plans and timelines and implement scalable and clean user experiences
- Architect, build, and own end-to-end experience
- Focus on quality, performance, and reliability
- Passionate mobile engineer with 7+ years experience
- Experience as a technical lead and mentor
- Track record of delievering complex projects on time
- Familiarity with iOS and Android, expert knowledge on at least one
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture, and debugging tools
- Have a deep and up-to-date knowledge of mobile design principles and pattern
- Nice to have experience with React Native
- Authorization to work in the United States
Universal Tennis is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA but this position is fully remote, US-based. We are offering a competitive salary and equity compensation package with flexible working hours and generous PTO. Our benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Unlimited Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home