Learn In helps companies establish talent academies that steer all the resources needed for building an always-skilled workforce. HR, Talent and L&D leaders use Learn In to modernize access to learning budgets and world-class programs, and to simplify the delivery of custom programs to employee groups. Learn In’s core features include a tuition benefits manager, a prepaid learning stipend card, a world-class program marketplace and custom program builder, and dedicated coaching. Now every employee can build deeper skills precisely aligned to company needs.
We are hiring a Marketing Intern to lead on marketing and support go-to-market efforts (PR, research & white-papers, webinars, events, account-based-marketing, proving in the early sales model and establishing product-market-fit). Preference will be given to candidates with relevant marketing experience, and a passion for closing the skills gap across diverse communities. This position will report directly to our Chief Marketing Officer, and can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. This is a paid internship.
What you can expect to do:
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns and collateral materials.
- Collaborate on content to create graphics for: blog, podcast, social media posts, and email newsletter.
- Validate and find fit for messaging in the B2B environment.
What you bring to the team:
- You are a graduate student or recent graduate with your Bachelor’s or graduate degree.
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities with superior attention to detail
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
About Learn In
Co-founded by the founders of Degreed, Learn In is backed by leading edtech & future-of-work investors, including Firework Ventures, GSV, Album, Kickstart and Village Global, and has been covered in CNBC, USA Today, EdTechReview, EdSurge, Fast Company, and Techcrunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.