Manager, Product Analytics
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivated Manager of Analytics to help us develop our product strategy through deep investigations into our behavioral and platform data. You will have the ability to work closely with leaders across several product domains as well as our machine learning team as you test and iterate the experiences that help our users to make better hiring decisions. We’re passionate about helping hundreds of thousands of clients and freelancers find each other and you’ll be central to that experience.
The Upwork Analytics team harnesses a wealth of data to empower our leaders across the company and drive thought leadership on critical projects. We strive to constantly improve our understanding of how users grow their business through Upwork and lead key analyses that accelerate growth. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
- Hire, coach, and develop a team of future analytics rock stars.
- Partner with company leaders across Product, Engineering, and Machine Learning to evaluate the success of core algorithm changes and the way search results are displayed.
- Lead our analytics efforts to evaluate pricing and monetization efforts.
- Work with our market design and economist team to concept and implement interventions that improve our marketplace efficiency.
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the dynamics behind what makes for a successful and engaged user in order to unlock new sources of growth.
- Propose, design, and analyze AB tests that focus on improving the user experience.
- Contribute to solving the complex problems inherent to a double-sided marketplace. Deliver undiscovered insights to key partners that compel changes in corporate strategy and product decisions.
- Build executive-facing dashboards that provide partners with self-serve access to key performance indicators
- Partner with the Leadership Team, FP&A, and the larger Analytics community in asking difficult questions about the inner workings of our marketplace then leading the effort to answer those questions.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Showcase extensive experience leading analytics projects end-to-end and thriving in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment. Show us that you’ve made a difference with tangible outcomes in previous roles.
- Combine strong SQL skills, BI proficiency (Looker experience preferred), a working knowledge of A/B experiments, and a proven understanding of statistics.
- Show passion for getting into the details – write code, dig into data, iterate quickly and take action.
- Previous experience in a marketplace or ecommerce business.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.