Mailgun is looking for a Manager to join our InboxReady team. This team is responsible for building and operating a set of products such as Email Validation, Inbox Placement, IP Health and Reputation Monitoring. As the leader of this team, you would be responsible for the direct management of a group of software engineers, strategic product planning, managing operational challenges at scale, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring outstanding engineers is always a key focus.
We have a distributed engineering team and will consider qualified candidates in the following countries: United States, France, Germany, UK, Spain
- Support the career growth for a team of Software Developers.
- Work closely with our Product Managers to define the product roadmap.
- Develop, monitor and track SLOs for the deliverability services.
- Help field and solve issues coming from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring systems.
- Work with other engineering leaders to grow our engineering organization and culture.
- Hire and grow your team.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Excellence in communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge about system design and software architecture.
- Passion and conviction. The ability to inspire others, and establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Experienced using the following technologies for solution engineering: Golang, Python, Cassandra, Mongo, ELK Stack and React
- Able to help build/drive development and objective solution performance metrics against OKR’s
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $148,000 + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.