Over the last 10 years, Ellevation Education has built a thriving business serving the administrators, teachers, and specialists who support English Learners at public schools across the US. Today, over 1,000 school districts use our software to manage their EL programs and drive instructional impact in their district. We are a successful, rapidly growing business with a real mission — helping English Learners achieve their highest aspirations.
Ellevation is seeking an experienced Manager for our Data Integration team to lead the group responsible for ensuring data from school districts are loaded and maintained with a high level of fidelity into the Ellevation platform. This team plans and executes the solutions which integrate customer data into our SaaS educational platform, and designs solutions to simplify processes, save time, and maximize the use of Ellevation to best support their ELs.
You will report directly to the Vice President, Partner Success and Support, and will lead and develop a team, work cross-functionally to improve our data ingestion pipeline, and ensure best in class service for our customers. You will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of our data integration team, for supporting our third-party vendor relationships, and will act as a point of escalation for the most complex data challenges that arise for our customers. Further, you will ensure strong collaboration with other customer-facing teams including support and success, and act as a subject matter expert for our Engineering Data Ingest team. This position will have eight direct reports who are early-career technical professionals looking to grow and develop.
- 1 month – Become familiar with our data integration processes, gain a general understanding of our business and partners, and take on day-to-day operations of the team. Start building relationships within your team and fellow managers.
- 3 months – Develop a deep understanding of data processes and our? data model, act as a point of escalation and support for complex data challenges, and establish strong collaboration practices with Success, Support, Product, and Engineering leadership.
- 6 months – Understand and develop KPIs and OKRs for the team that align with the organization. Take on ownership of our 3rd-party vendor relationships. Establish practices to develop and grow the team.
- 12 months – Act as a trusted thought partner and leader cross-functionally to continually enhance our Data Integration practices to better support our customers.
- You have 5+ years experience working with data
- You have 2+ years experience leading a team
- You are analytical, understand complex data, and effectively translate issues into non-technical terms through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are technically savvy, detail-oriented, and enjoy building relationships across the organization
- You thrive within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- You are a natural leader and are able to inspire and influence others and are excited to put your technical skills to work to solve hard problems for a business
- You enjoy solving challenges, are customer-centric, and have an understanding of the importance of meeting customer needs while balancing the needs of the business
- You have experience working with SQL, Python, or similar languages