Over the last 10 years, Ellevation Education has built a thriving business serving the administrators, teachers, and specialists who support English Learners at public schools across the US. Today, over 1,000 school districts use our software to manage their EL programs and drive instructional impact in their district. We are a successful, rapidly growing business with a real mission — helping English Learners achieve their highest aspirations.
Ellevation is seeking an experienced Manager for our Data Integration team to lead the group responsible for ensuring data from school districts are loaded and maintained with a high level of fidelity into the Ellevation platform. This team plans and executes the solutions which integrate customer data into our SaaS educational platform, and designs solutions to simplify processes, save time, and maximize the use of Ellevation to best support their ELs.
You will report directly to the Vice President, Partner Success and Support, and will lead and develop a team, work cross-functionally to improve our data ingestion pipeline, and ensure best in class service for our customers. You will be directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of our data integration team, for supporting our third-party vendor relationships, and will act as a point of escalation for the most complex data challenges that arise for our customers. Further, you will ensure strong collaboration with other customer-facing teams including support and success, and act as a subject matter expert for our Engineering Data Ingest team. This position will have eight direct reports who are early-career technical professionals looking to grow and develop.
- 1 month – Become familiar with our data integration processes, gain a general understanding of our business and partners, and take on day-to-day operations of the team. Start building relationships within your team and fellow managers.
- 3 months – Develop a deep understanding of data processes and our data model, act as a point of escalation and support for complex data challenges, and establish strong collaboration practices with Success, Support, Product, and Engineering leadership.
- 6 months – Understand and develop KPIs and OKRs for the team that align with the organization. Take on ownership of our 3rd-party vendor relationships. Establish practices to develop and grow the team.
- 12 months – Act as a trusted thought partner and leader cross-functionally to continually enhance our Data Integration practices to better support our customers.
- You have 5+ years experience working with data
- You have 2+ years experience leading a team
- You are analytical, understand complex data, and effectively translate issues into non-technical terms through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are technically savvy, detail-oriented, and enjoy building relationships across the organization
- You thrive within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- You are a natural leader and are able to inspire and influence others and are excited to put your technical skills to work to solve hard problems for a business
- You enjoy solving challenges, are customer-centric, and have an understanding of the importance of meeting customer needs while balancing the needs of the business
- You have experience working with SQL, Python, or similar languages
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former EL students. Over the next five years we are focused on doubling the number of students we serve and driving measurable outcomes for students. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston – a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Ellevation Education may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data collection practices and your rights related to that data.