Over the last 10 years, Ellevation Education has built a thriving business serving the administrators, teachers, and specialists who support English Learners at public schools across the US. Today, over 1,000 school districts use our software to manage their EL programs and drive instructional impact in their district. We are a successful, rapidly growing business with a real mission — helping English Learners achieve their highest aspirations.
Ellevation is seeking an experienced Manager for our Corporate Development team to help Ellevation grow faster and create more value for district customers. You’ll partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify strategic relationships, ensure alignment of company goals, assist with forecasting, and set appropriate terms for business agreements to facilitate company growth.
You will report directly to the President and be a part of a lean team. You should have a strong work ethic and high integrity. While this position does not have any formal people leadership responsibilities, there will be plenty of opportunities to informally mentor and coach others on the team.
Within your first 30 days, you will onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students. You’ll also gain an understanding of our products and their value. You’ll begin to understand our sales playbook and pricing structure as well as become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
Over the course of your first year, you will:
- Conduct market research to identify partners and/or acquisition targets that can accelerate growth and/or improve the customer experience.
- Develop business cases for pursuing partnerships and/or acquisitions that are clearly written, informed by customer insights and financial modeling, and presented to the company’s decision-makers (e.g., Ellevation executives, Curriculum Associates executives, Board).
- Execute partnerships with industry partners, including the negotiation of business terms, legal documentation, and operational implementation.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across Ellevation to respond to business needs and support strategic decision-making.
- Support lobbying and business development efforts at a federal and state level, including analyzing and responding to relevant legislation that impacts English Learners.
- Solid grounding in market research and financial modeling
- Experience in the K12 education marketplace is preferred; experience with English Learners is ideal
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA or similar business experience is a plus
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar relevant business roles is preferred
- As an ELL company, multilingual candidates are a plus
Location & Travel:
- Remote eligible role; Boston-based preferred
- Travel requirements: Some travel (minimum 3-4 days/month, more if remote)
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former EL students. Over the next five years we are focused on doubling the number of students we serve and driving measurable outcomes for students. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston – a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Ellevation Education may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data collection practices and your rights related to that data.