Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS – OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the opportunity
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
Tucows is looking to add a Manager, Analytics to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team, reporting to the Head of Analytics & Insights. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company. We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it.
You and your growing team of analysts will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to help them get actionable insights out of our data. Short term this means ensuring data architecture, quality, and availability meet our needs. Long term this means ensuring every decision that can be made with data, is made with data.
There are two positions available, one will lead our Mobile team and one will lead our Internet team, you need only apply once.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and contribute to the delivery of reporting and analytics solutions, mainly in Looker
- Understand business needs and technical requirements to meet those needs
- Lead and develop your team of analysts
- Set and achieve challenging goals for yourself and your team (OKRs)
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making throughout the company
- Keep up with the latest data industry tools and techniques
Key Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math and statistical analysis skills
- Proficiency in the presentation and visualization of numbers and statistical data
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and create processes by which the data correlations are translated to information flows that help drive the business
- 5+ years developing and coaching analytics teams
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis work experience
- 5+ years of experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language, database structures, and data lake architectures
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with Snowflake
- Proficiency with Python
- An understanding of the principles, tools, and processes of data science
- Post-secondary education in a technical field, or B.S./M.S.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.