We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to lead engagements of Analytics Consulting projects with customers who operate at the cutting edge of life sciences, serving as the primary customer contact throughout many projects. You will partner with internal teams such as data science and customer success, with a primary responsibility to deliver quality/timely deliverables. You will be part of a team that discovers and extracts insights from our Healthcare Map to answer the critical business questions facing our life science customers.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health:
Over the course of 12 months, you will have led a number of projects across several of the Advanced Analytics group offerings. By this time, you will have:
- Acquired a thorough knowledge of the Komodo Healthcare Map, including underlying tables
- Developed an understanding of patient-level data and proficiency in our key offering areas, including patient journey, line of therapy, HCP segmentation, and market landscape assessments. Collaborated closely with customers to better understand their business needs and ensure deliverables are aligned with project objectives; our goal is to become trusted partners and advisors to our customers through our work
- Led multiple customer-facing projects across our key offering areas and ensured timely and accurate delivery of analytics projects
- Contributed to the growth and development of the Analytics Consulting team through the onboarding of new Associates and the refinement of our project delivery processes
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- You are client service-oriented: You understand client needs and how to develop solutions to address them. You are comfortable presenting to clients at all levels and distilling complex topics and analyses into easy-to-follow and compelling narratives.
- You are hands-on: Highlight prior experience in business analytics within healthcare/biopharma, including experience working with sales, marketing, market access, and other HCP, provider, payer, and patient-level data
- You should be familiar with analytics/insights/strategy associated with customer (both patient & HCP) engagement. Segmentation & targeting of customers, measurement & optimization of the impact of various engagement strategies by customer segment, campaign, channel, healthcare status, etc.
- You must have familiarity with data & data schema associated with both “on-line &off-line, personal/non-personal” promotion/engagement
- You must have the ability to get your hands dirty in the data both within our HC Map and across engagement data that we receive from various customers
- You are a problem solver: Demonstrate strong logical thinking and an ability to see patterns
- You have a partnership mentality: Effectively partner with data science, customer success, sales and client colleagues to guide analysis and interpret results
- You are curious: Show an interest and aptitude for constant learning; seeks and welcomes assistance from colleagues
- You have a flexible attitude: Adapt to changing environment; possess a willingness to attack problems from new angles
- You have a proficiency in quantitative reasoning proficiency: You understand the basics of data science and classical statistics and can use that knowledge to scope out a client solution
- You are collaborative: Demonstrate the ability to work effectively across internal groups
- You are consultative: Identify and proactively offer recommendations based on observed insights
- You must have: Advanced Excel skills; experience translating analytic insights into PowerPoint; prior life sciences or other healthcare experience analyzing claims data to inform business decisions; prior client-facing experience in Commercial Analytics, Marketing Sciences, or other related functions; technical experience with tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Snowflake
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.