335 Madison Avenue, Suite 5E, New York, NY 10017
(Remote work is required, acceptable from any location)
Timescale is hiring a Lead Technical (IT) Product Marketing Manager to help us take our category-defining time-series database and other new products to market. A Lead Technical (IT) Product Marketing Manager defines the story behind a product, helping us crisply define the audience for our product, craft the proper positioning and messaging for the product to meet the audience’s needs, and drive the launch and continued success of the product in-market. This person will also manage our current team of 3 high-performing PMMs!
Use technical expertise to help software developer clients understand how they can get value and get started using TimescaleDB (the company’s specialized database product) quickly, along with sample software code and starter kits. Use technical software development/engineering skills to create demo software applications showcasing TimescaleDB in a variety of use cases, including DevOps and IoT.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Timescale, partnering across Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and the rest of the marketing team. Product Marketing works across the entire product lifecycle, helping shape the scope and features of the product, driving launch and go-to-market strategy/execution, and working with our Growth and Developer Advocacy teams to grow adoption post-launch.
A little bit about you:
You believe that organizations are best when they’re diverse and inclusive, and you’re committed to ensuring that everything we at Timescale do reflects this belief. We are developing a distributed company that continuously represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. We use technology to empower our Timescalers and give them the freedom to work anywhere around the world! We are digitally connected and enjoy the flexibility it gives us!”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Information Technology (IT) field.
- Must also have knowledge of the following skills and software technologies:
- PostgreSQL database administration, including schema design, querying, and connecting different tools;
- Visualization tools including Grafana, Tableau, and Looker building dashboards using SQL and PostgreSQL;
- C, Python, and Java programming languages; cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Digital Ocean, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP);
- Creating and implementing Go-To-Market motions; new product and new feature launch coordination and management; positioning and messaging to a technical audience;
- Naming new products and features; creating and implementing Customer Listening Mechanisms and feedback loops;
- Market Research, Sizing, and Segmentation; creating personas based on user feedback and needs;
- Technical writing; content creation in writing, video, and audio;
- Conducting user discovery, usability, and product feedback interviews;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Metric collection and visualization;
- Data cleaning, enrichment, standardization, and analysis;
- Creating, documenting, and scaling business processes;
- Salesforce; Hubspot; Google Analytics; Project Management;
- Prototyping and testing;
- Sprint planning and methodology; AGILE framework and methodology;
- Defining and measuring KPIs.
Remote work is required, acceptable from any location.
Please apply through the application link. With any questions please contact, Nichole Johnson – People Ops Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🌱, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)