We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
Our web platform is built on React.js frontend and Elixir backend tied together by GraphQL APIs. We make heavy use of PostgreSQL for our storage needs and we host our platform on a mixture of Heroku and AWS. Another core part of our offering are two mobile apps – iOS and Android – written in Swift and Kotlin respectively and a Chrome Extension in React. We also employ WebRTC and WebSockets for live video streaming and use Python for NLP and media processing.
Over ten years and 57K commits later, we’ve maintained a tidy code base that is well documented and battle tested by tens of thousands of users.
We’re looking for smart, creative, driven Software Engineers to build great software with us. You have years of experience in product development as an engineer, creating and launching new technologies and products, and you look to join a company where you can make an impact. You love to write code, and strive to make it better with each commit. You’re an expert with cloud-based, SaaS-focused modern frontends, APIs, and don’t mind working on the backend either. You are hands-on, self-directed, and feel at home in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment. You also love to share your expertise, collaborate with and mentor others, and you thrive in a team-based environment.
If you are excited about the challenge of building an incredible product while also helping to mentor and build a great engineering team, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Do at dscout
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders
- Communicate and drive improvement within and across teams as well as mentor other engineers
- Focus on frontend work and plan solutions with backend engineers (or be full stack if you’re into that!)
- Develop customer facing applications in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Be responsible for the technical quality of the team’s product
- Work closely with the design team to deliver user-friendly and modern products
- Incrementally improve our Continuous Delivery pipeline with tooling and performance upgrades
- Monitor the health of your team’s applications with metrics and alarms
- Mentor junior engineers and be open to mentorship from others
What You Will Bring to dscout
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Desire and a track record of leading and mentoring engineers
- Expertise with React or a similar JS framework
- Experience with responsive design and implementation
- Experience with full stack architecture, as well as API design and implementation
- At home with Agile, DevOps, and CD
- Familiarity with cloud architectures – Heroku, AWS, or others
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
dscout is a team full of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we look for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today, and we are excited to build our future with you.
It doesn’t just stop there. When you join the dscout team, you will get:
* A strong and competitive compensation package with a built-in bonus and equity program.
* An incredible and progressive benefits package (for both you and your dependents) to support work/life balance including flexible PTO, 11 company holidays, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, 401k match, and much more.
* An education stipend to support your growth & development and a remote work stipend.
* A company that is open and transparent with our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
If you need reasonable accommodations for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including accommodation requests. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
dscout participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
NOTE: DSCOUT NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER, OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM DSCOUT.COM