Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Data is essential to our business success. We are looking to set up data pipelines and frameworks to create a reliable data stream for our multiple internal data clients. We are looking to build on our data tools and frameworks to empower and evolve our decision-making process. We are seeking a passionate Lead Data Engineer. You will lead our data engineering team and work to solidify our organization’s data engineering practices. Multiple teams rely on fast, accurate, and consistent data loads. You’ll work closely with Product, CloudOps, Analytics, and Accounting to establish the data engineering roadmap.
- Serve as the internal product owner for data engineering infrastructure
- Build and manage a team of data engineers to serve multiple data analyst teams
- Standardize and automate processes for data engineering SDLC
- Work with stakeholders to own data engineering roadmap and prioritization
- Partner with our Engineering and CloudOps Teams in the creation of new data in the production environment
- Partner with analysts to build scalable systems that help unlock the value of data from a wide range of sources such as backend databases, event streams, and marketing platforms
- Be accountable for the team’s output and quality, including peer review processes, effective communication, and a pragmatic approach to engineering solutions
- Build tools to increase transparency in reporting company-wide business outcomes
- 7 years of data engineering experience
- 3 years of AWS data engineering experiences
- Experience managing ETL processes & Data Warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, Fivetran, Talend)
- Hands-on experience with Business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and Python
- Experience with infrastructure as code, shell scripting
At Fundrise we are committed to assembling a diverse, inclusive and genuine workforce. We are NOT concerned if you meet every requirement because studies have shown that women, people of color and other underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Cognitive diversity comes in all forms of experiences and if you are excited about this role we are not worried if your background doesn’t fully align with the job description. Please apply; you could be the perfect candidate for this or other positions here at Fundrise!
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave