This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Kafta Administrator works alongside the Cloud Operations Team to engineer, build and maintain event streaming platforms and infrastructure across the enterprise and design new patterns to improve performance and efficiency.
- Deploy and maintain Kafka, ActiveMQ and other corporate event streaming technologies.
- Provide expertise as needed on Kafka Brokers, Connectors, Zookeeper, Schema Registry, KSQL and Kafka Control Center to internal and external project teams as required.
- Provision of Event streaming technologies using open source tools, including but not limited to Kubernetes/ Openshift, Docker, Ansible and Jenkins.
- Cluster Administration includes topics, cluster redundancy, certificate/ key management, monitoring and alerting.
- Provide architectural diagrams, design documentation, standard operational procedures and other documentation on implementing and operating Kafka components.
- A post-secondary degree in computer science or a related field combined with 2+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field.
- Experience in building at least one Kafka cluster for production use.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Kafka Administrator.
- 3+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
- 1+ years maintaining a cloud-based managed service streaming service (Apache Kafka, AWS SQS, Confluent Kafka, Amazon MSK, Azure Event Hubs)
- Understanding of microservices, event-based architecture, real-time data processing and managing data streams via pipelines.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, OCI) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions during the application or interview process, please let us know.