Java Developer Lead, Continuum (Remote, US-based, East Coast)
Liquibase is hiring a Senior Java Developer to enhance our market leading database change management product and become the technical lead for the development team. This position requires a thorough understanding of Java, relational databases, JDBC drivers, and enterprise software delivery. You must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, and be successful in a collaborative environment. If you are passionate about solving customer problems, contributing to the Open Source project, enjoy being hands-on, excited to deliver new features to customers and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you. Preference for someone located on the East Coast to ensure better overlap with our European team.
What you’ll be doing
- Working on an agile team dedicated to our database change management product
- Contribute to technical design reviews
- Undertake peer-programing with both junior and senior software engineers
- Estimate story sizes for sprint planning
- Build Unit, Integration and Cucumber tests per Liquibase’s test-driven development (TDD) approach to software engineering
- Collaborate with QA members to address issues found during automated and manual testing
- Take part in code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Participate in end-of-sprint retrospectives
- Present completed software at end-of-sprint demos
- 8+ years of Java development experience
- Deep understanding of Java core
- Significant experience with object-oriented design principles
- JDBC-level database experience
- Experience with Spring, Spring-boot, or Hibernate
- Background working with RESTful Web Services and APIs
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Located in USA – East Coast preferred
Nice to have
- Experience using native database tools like sqplus, sqlcmd, psql, clpplus, edbplus and etc
- Experience working with AWS and Azure services
The tools we use
- Java 8+
- JUnit / Spock / Mockito / Cucumber
- AWS and Azure
- Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- JIRA / Confluence
Perks of Life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K matching (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Our work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview – We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws