Made up of production, instructional design and quality assurance, the Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our university partners.
The Instructional Designer I works within a multi-disciplinary course production team to translate university courses into online formats in innovative and compelling ways.
This position reports to the Director of Learning Design and is located in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate:
- Is motivated by a passion to create outstanding learning experiences
- Has a demonstrated track record creating engaging, effective online programs, courseware or products
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable communicating with university professors, curriculum developers, and academic technologists
- Has experience and is comfortable working with a wide range of academic content
- Is a natural collaborator, but is capable and comfortable moving projects forward and driving results with empathy for the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing meaningful work
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Design and build assigned courses, creating innovative online courses that meet Learning Design’s accessibility and quality specifications and align to the standards and parameters established with our university partners
- Manage concurrent projects effectively, demonstrating understanding of and attention to deadlines, priorities, and communication with relevant stakeholders
- Communicate with faculty at our partner universities, guiding them in best practices for course development, honoring their subject matter expertise and preferences, and ensuring on time completion of the course according to the production schedule
- Collaborate with faculty to adjust content for available delivery methods to support desired learning outcomes and high levels of student engagement, moving from a high-level course plan to a detailed course design format
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team to produce and/or source high quality multimedia that aligns with the objectives of the course
- Participate in the refinement of frameworks, templates, and prototypes for course design
- Participate in the creation of Instructional Design team development materials, such as training, pedagogy, academic technology, multimedia production, accessibility, research, etc.
- Perform standard course maintenance tasks on a term-to-term basis, following established processes and completing requisite documentation.
- Support faculty in course revisions using a continual improvement process.
- Provide ongoing faculty support through the faculty help desk during the workday, in addition to occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Contribute to an environment that values continuous improvement, curiosity, and learning by doing.
- Travel to partner university locations occasionally. upon supervisor’s request
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- 2-4 years’ outstanding work experience in instructional design, learning design, or academic technology
- Earned Master’s degree firmly required, preferably in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, educational technology, or human-computer interaction
- Demonstrated expertise in course design principles and practices
- Experience designing courses using varied delivery models and the full range of multi-media content delivery tools and techniques
- Superior ability with computers and software required; LMS experience preferred (Canvas, D2L, Blackboard)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to hit challenging deadlines while creating high quality work
- Has experience leading people and/or processes to successful results
- Full vaccination – as defined by the CDC – is required
Everspring is a leading provider of education technology and service solutions. Our advanced technology, proven marketing approach, research-based instructional design services, and robust faculty support deliver outstanding outcomes for our university partners, powering their success online. Everspring offers a range of full-service turnkey solutions, as well as standalone single service offerings, and innovative self-service products that enable universities to establish and maintain themselves as leaders in the digital delivery of education.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2021 and 2022. We offer benefits that include hybrid work arrangement, FSA, health insurance, dental, short term and long term disability, 401k with an employer match, a generous PTO plan that accrues with tenure, professional development, pet insurance and more!
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Everspring, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.