Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for analysts and data scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from finance to operations, marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate on data that can be used to inform everyday decisions. For our customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
The Mode marketing team is a creative crew of market strategists, empathetic storytellers, and quantitative thinkers. The Mode platform is loved by our customers. It’s time to found, then scale our solutions, customer and advocacy marketing programs to go deeper with existing audiences and breakthrough to new audiences, ultimately driving expansion revenue and conversion of new business, fueled by customer love.
We’re looking for a strategic, customer-obsessed Head of Solutions and Customer Marketing to create and scale the strategy, planning, and execution of Mode’s expansion-oriented customer advocacy and solutions marketing programs. This role will work cross-functionally in collaboration and close partnership with our Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, Client Success, and Solutions teams to drive advocacy and ensure solution-oriented, customer-driven messaging, positioning, and narratives are leveraged across our marketing, sales, and expansion funnels. You’ll be responsible for program and campaign research and implementation, using data to drive decisions, optimize results, and demonstrate you and your team’s ability to exceed goals.
We’re a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric process and eager to pair that with stronger customer storytelling and deeper knowledge into our ideal customer profiles (ICPs), built through your leadership. Your first six months at Mode will be an exciting, foundational phase for your team and our company. As you get ramped up, we’ll be gearing up to launch our rebrand and customer storytelling is a key component.
The sky’s the limit–led, of course, with a deep business acumen–for what solutions and customer marketing can be at Mode. You’ll partner with product marketers to turn feature understanding into value recognition and solution offerings. You’ll partner with the product teams to test in-product education, and growth marketers to build lifecycle programs across the buying journey. With our customer success and customer education teams, you’ll partner on building programs that make data analysis skills more accessible to people in every corner of an organization. You’ll partner with all these teams to measure results, understand the impact of your programs, test, and optimize (we’re a data company after all).
What you’ll do:
- Create, build, and optimize Mode’s solutions and customer communication strategy, in partnership with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product, across the entire customer journey–from initial sale to adoption to advocacy and renewal/expansion.
- Be the #1 advocate for customers and customer marketing within the internal teams. Clearly and frequently report out on customer marketing initiatives and results, including to executive-level audiences
- Work directly with our most strategic accounts and technical users to capture impactful customer success stories for use by Marketing and Sales i.e. case studies, testimonials, customer interviews, video, and more. Begin to test customer success story creation with new audiences beyond our core.
- Foster relationships with customer advocates to support strategic initiatives across demand generation, value selling, and expansion, especially taking care to help us expand beyond our core analyst audience.
- Define and prioritize customer segments for lifecycle marketing to deepen product understanding, engagement, and expansion. Inspire people to do more with data throughout their day-to-day life at work.
- Collaborate with Product Marketers to package both new and existing features into clear solutions a variety of use cases across segments, verticals, and teams. Build programs to introduce solutions to the right audiences at the right times.
- Build relationships with leaders across the business and effectively influence decision making and prioritization and be a champion for our culture and values
- Take ownership for overall platform messaging, sales plays and enablement, and campaigns, customer stories and content creation.
What we look for:
- Alignment with Mode’s values
- A proven track record of delivering high impact projects and measurable results
- People management experience
- A natural storyteller
- Ability to understand the themes across customer feedback and deliver insights to the marketing organization. Evangelize our products to clients while gathering feedback on the effectiveness of our key messages/content
- Deep understanding and expertise in building solutions and customer marketing programs that drive results throughout the customer lifecycle. Background in product marketing.
- An independent yet team-oriented, expert-level marketer who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic planning, activation, growth, and optimization of cross-functional customer programs.
- Ability to create strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Confidence in presenting ideas and designs to internal clients at the VP and C-Suite level
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.