Who we are
We are creating the best way to finance clean energy for the home to help combat climate change. Mosaic partners directly with solar and home improvement professionals, who use our simple point-of-sale app to offer financing to their customers. This makes it easy and affordable for families to make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes. Since 2012, Mosaic has funded more than $9 billion in loans through our platform and helped more than 1,000,000 homeowners switch to sustainable solutions. Join us as we work toward our vision of 100% clean energy for all.
We are a remote first company; you can be based anywhere in the US.
The Risk Analytics and Strategy Manager will be a critical member of Mosaic’s Risk and Analytics team. This role will be instrumental in monitoring, managing and developing strategies to improve performance in Mosaic’s loan portfolio. You will report on portfolio performance, analyze, recommend and implement enhancements to servicing, collections, and credit strategies, and lead portfolio reviews with Mosaic’s executive management team and other key stakeholders. You will have significant latitude to creatively explore ad hoc opportunities to use Mosaic’s data to increase portfolio growth and to improve portfolio credit performance and operations. You will also work on our loss forecasting initiatives and the Allowance for Loan Losses.
In addition, you will act as the primary analytical support for the Finance and Capital Markets functions, supporting existing and prospective investor and rating agency inquiries. Your work in providing persuasive analytics and high quality data helps secure the lowest cost of capital for Mosaic.
- Develop and champion data-driven collections, servicing, and credit strategies
- Identify performance trends, monitor risk KPI’s, and conduct loan-level analysis to isolate causes for variances between risk indicators and expected performance.
- Establish and maintain an effective “feedback loop” with front-end credit policy and credit operations to drive improvements to credit quality for a growing loan portfolio while balancing impacts to loan origination volumes.
- Continually enhance Mosaic’s loss forecasting and ALLL methodology and practice, including scenario analysis and outcomes, maintaining effective communication with Mosaic’s Finance team and other stakeholders.
- Manage and support monthly and ad-hoc presentations to Mosaic’s executive leadership team and other stakeholders to succinctly communicate portfolio performance and recommend strategies to drive asset growth and improve loan performance.
- Work with internal and external teams to understand and communicate asset performance to the investor community.
What you bring to the team
- 8+ years of quantitative analysis discipline in a bank or fintech setting
- Solid data handling and analysis skills – SQL, Python/R/SAS, or Tableau.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics, math, engineering
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Demonstrated success translating high level, critical business questions into a structured project plan, conducting supporting research and analysis, and presenting the results to a variety of stakeholders in persuasive ways.
- Strong knowledge and communication of consumer lending requirements including loan origination and servicing policies, procedures & practices.
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong business judgment that enables timely execution and escalates key issues.
- Experience creating BI tools for self-service to data and insights, particularly in Tableau
- Master’s degree
- Experience in the solar industry
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself work environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
Mosaic’s policy is that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel for work, visit our office, or attend in-person meetings, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We encourage you to speak with your recruiter if you would like more details on our COVID-19 safety policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.