Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,100 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Head of Corporate Development to driving decision-making and our acquisition strategy at Flywire! You will be front and center in answering the biggest questions across the company through the lens of M&A.
Key responsibilities include:
- End to end workflow of M&A at Flywire:
- Managing, leading, and growing an all-star corp dev team with a track record of 5 successful M&A deals
- Identifying key trends across fintech and verticals of interest for Flywire
- Building conviction around which strategic areas Flywire should pursue through M&A
- Deal sourcing and origination through direct sourcing and working with investment bankers
- Forming and cultivating relationships with investment bankers, venture capital firms, and blue-chip private equity firms
- Leading due diligence: identifying key questions to evaluate, working very closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including product, engineering, legal, people & culture, and finance
- M&A Deal negotiation and structuring
- Integration: overseeing key aspects of M&A integration to ensure success
- Capital Markets: leading our strategy around capital allocation and capital raising, including primary / secondary issuances across a spectrum of financial instruments
- Presentation of findings & analysis to executive team and Board of Directors subcommittee, and investors
- Manage ad hoc projects for Executive leadership team and BOD as needed
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- 12 – 16 years of experience in investing, private equity, and/or investment banking; MBA is preferred
- Prior experience at a top tier investment banks and private equity
- Passion for technology and scaling businesses
- A bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and efficiency
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, and a willingness to learn from a wide range of people
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels; you’ll only be as effective as the relationships and trust you build!
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 14 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire