The Director of Corporate Communications will lead global corporate communication programs, corporate events, and influencer marketing for Plex. This role is extremely hands-on and requires working closely with many executives, departments, and partners to drive business objectives and goals. Knowledge of the streaming media industry is a requirement, with a background in technology, and the entertainment & TV industry is a strong plus. The person in this role will be a member of the Marketing team, will manage the PR agency, and will report directly to the VP, Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Lead Plex’s corporate communications strategy across public relations, media relations, crisis communications, and research, and collaborate across the organization to bring that strategy to life
- Strategize, Build and, Execute Plex PR programs
- Act as a trusted advisor and enterprising problem solver to our leadership team in all matters of communications
- Work closely with the PR agency, marketing & product teams to deliver programs that drive Plex awareness and consideration
- Successfully introduce key content and new features to market
- Manage Plex review programs enabling the platform to score high marks
- Work closely with content & platform partners to ensure successful PR programs
- Draft and manage approvals for press releases, media alerts, and blog posts, as well as acquire visual assets in a timely manner
- Craft creative consumer PR campaigns and events that excite Plex followers and gain interest from potential consumers
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Marketing team for a highly collaborative and effective product & content PR plan
- Foster relationships with consumer media, lifestyle media, and influencers to bring new opportunities to the company
- Communicate knowledgeably about the Plex streaming platform, features, partners, and key titles
- Grow Plex mindshare and contribute to the positive brand equity
What you bring to the table
- 10+ years of PR experience (ideally a combination of in-house and PR firm) with at least five years of experience working with consumer tech
- Relationships with key entertainment & trade press
- A deep love of movies & shows
- A passion for creative problem solving
- Experience translating creative ideas into successful campaigns, as well as connecting brands with influencers and trending themes
- Ability to understand Plex’s business, marketing, and communications objectives and translate them into successes
- Positive and collaborative personality; a commitment to ensuring all activities undertaken are as successful as possible
- Excellent communications skills and strong storytelling ability
- Strong decision maker even in high-pressure situations
- Have grit and adaptability
- Excellent project management skills
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in-person events. Please note, that these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Director of Corporate Communications who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.