Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients that helps advisors give clients a wonderful experience with their money – something that has long lacked in the world of advisor-led investing. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, in more ways than before.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
We’re adding a Head of Copy to join as a substantial part of our marketing team. You’ll help shape our identity and build a brand that our audience loves, developing a wide variety of creative assets spanning our website, social channels, display ads, and email. You’ll also serve as the editor across other types of collateral, our product experience, and external and internal communications. In short, you’ll be the single source of truth for all things brand voice at Altruist.
You’ll play a central role in defining and expanding the tone-of-voice of an exciting fintech company with tons of opportunities to explore and grow.
What you’ll do
- Evolve and own our brand voice
- Bring a creative, thoughtful approach to copy through the entire Altruist universe – defining the way our brand sounds across owned, paid, and earned channels
- Be the go-to resource for tone-of-voice consistency across internal and external communications
- Author and/or edit content as we grow, ensuring that our brand voice evolves alongside our business
- Educate existing and future members of the Altruist team, and ensure that external partners can be successful writing for the brand with reasonable oversight
- Oversee internal and external copywriters, and partner with UX writing teams
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience writing for brands
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates experience with a broad range of brand and marketing projects
- Experience crafting and/or implementing organization-wide copy guidelines
- Must be humble, kind, collaborative, have a positive attitude, and be a joy to work with
- Be a great team player combined with an ownership mentality over your work
- Relentlessly driven, always learning
- An entrepreneur mindset with a drive to take initiative, seeing projects through from start to finish with great attention to detail
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).