Guusto is on a mission to create amazing workplace cultures, so people get to love where they work.
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs, so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 400% growth since 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 & Capterra with 2500+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a member of our Sales team, you will be working collaboratively with, and supporting, Account Executives (AEs), Inbound/Outbound Sales Development Reps (SDRs), as well as with the Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams to fully understand our customers, their needs, and what messaging best resonates with them.You can expect to work with some amazingly talented people who are invested in your growth and development. As a start-up, we give our co-ops the independence to work on key features and own their projects, with the support of a designated mentor and supportive team.
- Salary: $30,000 – $40,000 CAD
- Job Type: Full time Co-Op
- Term: September 2022 – April 2023 Fall/Winter Co-op (some flexibility in exact start/finish date)
- Remote: Yes
- Team Recognition Budget
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
- Access to Masterclass, SaaS Academy
- Unlimited Book Purchasing for your professional development
In your first 4 months, you will…
- Learn the Guusto sales process
- Work closely with Account Executives (AE) and Sales Development Reps (SDRs) to understand our ideal customer
- Support permanent SDR teams by: triaging and engaging smaller leads, building the lead list using Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Nav, G2 intent data
- Support AEs to brand demo accounts for prospective buyers
- Run A/B tests on different messaging for prospective customers
- Collaborate with Marketing to update sales resources and ensure materials are up to date
- Learn how to use HubSpot CRM to run email campaigns and segment leads based on their lead status
- Learn how to use Zoominfo for gathering lead data and buyer intent data
In your last 4 months, you will…
- Explored different outbound strategies/automation and defined which have the highest conversion
- Amalgamate lead data to report on the best performing lead sources
- Fielded inbound lead conversations through HubSpot live chat
- Understand the full sales cycle of a B2B SaaS company
- Completed a proposal for a prospective buyer looking to implement an employee recognition program
As a collaborative and small team, we are looking for someone who is excited to help support our existing team, and help us design and create memorable and innovative ways to communicate with prospective clients. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement as we continue to expand our business, and build out our sales, marketing, and customer success teams.
What to expect
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within 72 hours, and you’ll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within five business days.
- Video Submission: For great candidates that we want to get to know better, we will ask you to submit a 30-60 second video where you record yourself describing how you have demonstrated one of Guusto’s core values.
- Zoom Interview: a 30-minute call with Julia (People & Culture Coordinator) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about Guusto
- Take-Home Project: we ask all candidates to complete a take-home project that will be reviewed by Anne and Camille.
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Sharla and Camille to review your project, discuss your sales experience, and answer any questions about how the sales team operates.
- Reference & Background Check: At this point, we will ask for some references to call and will send over a background check as part of our due diligence.
- Offer: Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Additional Application Information
We are a remote-first organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces and accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada.As part of our interview process for this role, you will be asked to submit a Competitor Comparison Project during the last step of the interview process.
We have offered jobs to a number of outstanding co-ops after their term is completed. If you’re someone who is passionate about what they do and are excited to own your projects and join a fast-paced team, then we would love to hear from you.