About the job
About us: We are Streamlabs, a technology company whose mission is to serve creators. We are a distributed team. We build tools and software allowing tens of millions of creators to create content, earn an income, and build communities. Over $900 million in donations have been paid out to creators through our platform since 2015. The top live creators on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and other platforms trust and use our tools to broadcast and monetize their streams. We are a product-focused company and so on top of our core suite of products we are also building moonshot products that support creators outside of live streaming, with many failures and lessons along the way.
Our company is changing the live streaming and creator industry and you can be a big part of it. We believe in meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Part of our culture is deep empathy for our teammates. We do team-wide hackathons every year and fly the entire team from across the globe to one location to build new ideas together (when it is safe to do so).
We strive for complete transparency within the company with a weekly all hands that covers everything (that is also the only standing meeting we have as a team and we are generally anti-meeting). We do learning talks, game nights, product demos, AMAs, and much more. These are just some examples, but in sum we are laser focused on building a diverse and inclusive environment where people thrive and are proud to do their best work.
Our core company values are ownership, transparency, empathy, and speed.
We fully support remote work, especially during these times.
The Role: We’re looking for a talented Community Growth Manager who will help develop and grow the product community and engage with the community on a daily basis. We are looking for an entrepreneurial person and a true owner. In this role, you’d work shoulder to shoulder with other leads across the company to achieve your goals.
Some areas of focus for your work as a Community Growth Manager:
- Host live shows across existing + new community channels updating community members on product development, Q&A, How To streams, bringing guests to the show twice a week
- Manage and engage the community through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Discord, our blog, and any other channels, replying to comments and questions within agreed upon timeframe
- Run online forum community, ensuring healthy culture and debate
- Create and host engaging workshops, live shows, meet-ups updating members on product development, Q&A, How Tos, bringing guests/creators to the shows
- Grow social media following via engagement, community management and acquisition tactics, as well as respond to questions and complaints with approved messaging
- Create and execute social media specific contests and promotions to drive daily active users and sales
- Find relevant communities across social media to interact with admins/moderators on possible cross-promotion
- Find and execute growth hacks opportunities – anything that grows our community and or grows top of funnel traffic to the product
- Highlight the best user insights to guide our design and marketing efforts in community. Drive the direction of our products!
- Create, test, and systematize best practices that increase engagement by creating new content that resonates with the community
- Create and maintain healthy and collaborative culture within the community
This role is for you if you are:
- A people person who enjoys connecting with others on a daily basis and is enthusiastic about helping creators
- 2+ years of experience in community management in a technical environment
- Familiarity with marketing techniques / growth hacks
- Ready to experiment. A mindset that is ready to try and is okay with taking calculated risks; embracing learning and failure
- Doer with “can do” attitude
- Experience growing and engaging audiences across multiple channels & platforms
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to match tone, style and content to company voice and vision – you can clearly explain technical concepts to the users in a simple way;
- Highly flexible personality that is comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- The ability to work well with uncertainty and simultaneously create and drive best practices internally; willingness to educate others on those practices and processes is also critical
- Live and breathe “community” – understand the landscape and keeps up-to-date with new technologies/trends
- Ability to take ownership of goals and uses good judgment to determine priorities
- Ability to be strategic and yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done
- Enjoys working with cross-functional teams to achieve goals and takes a metric-driven approach
- Experience in customer support will be a plus
Important to our culture: 1. Speed 2. Humble 3. Empathy 4. Ownership. We prefer to hire for attitude and train for skill.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.