Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking to add a Group Product Manager to our growing team. We look for product managers who foster innovation throughout our entire public presence including search interfaces, booking tools, user accounts, partner relations, acquisition properties, and more. As the lead of our product, you will help develop our product vision and goals and work with a cross-functional team to achieve them. Historically our most successful product people are self-starters, user-centric, passionate about data, and thrive in an environment where they can work on and own complex product features.
- Proven product management experience planning and executing in a fast paced, cross-functional environment
- We have a two-sided marketplace. Experience in either a consumer environment is a requirement. Experience on the supplier side is ideal
- Significant experience working with engineers, understanding systems and generally tech-savvy
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as an ability to balance and represent the interests of a cross functional group of stakeholders
- Proven experience in researching market trends and competition, collecting user interview results and user data analysis as well as internal planning and scoping to create a business case and spec for needle moving projects and features
- Ability to develop a product strategy and roadmap based on research, data, and industry trends
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing and building applications for end users
- Understand the nuances of product development for native applications
- Evangelize best practices of product development and project management to improve the company wide ability to create and ship business changing ideas.
- Familiarity with testing and analytics tools such as SQL and user testing tools
- Worked with geographically distributed team members
- Experience in the travel industry or large-scale consumer online businesses
- Experience as a manager and growing a team. We are a growing company that is always looking for people who can build and manage a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.