Weedmaps is looking for an innovative and experienced business leader with a track record for driving and scaling new product capabilities from concept to successful launch and market leadership to lead the cannabis platform that powers the cannabis industry. As the GM of our Ads Sales platform, you will be the leader internally and externally for Display advertising Solutions (On and off-platform) for retailers and brands and be responsible for formulating and executing a market-winning product and business strategy. This leader is accountable for the product roadmap, adoption, and revenue for the product line, working in strong collaboration with our go-to-market system, sales, customer success, and marketing teams. This individual is expected to work with senior-level internal & external customer stakeholders to drive adoption and ensure customer adoption, use, and satisfaction across markets. This position reports to the GM, WM Business. This position will also have direct and indirect reports leading product management, engineering, marketing, and specialized sales for ads.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Serve as the General Manager and owner responsible for the delivery and growth of WM Advertising solutions (Display and Ad Network).
- Be responsible for ensuring the overall end-to-end business product life cycle meets the business needs. This includes partnering with Product and Engineering as well as subject matter experts to drive: market analysis and conditions, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, and functional specification through to customer enablement and success.
- Define, develop and execute the platform’s go-to-market strategy & plan in collaboration with marketing, sales, customer success, sales support, and B2B teams to achieve revenue goals.
- Promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, customer success, support, agencies, and customers.
- Engage directly with customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Develop and nurture high-performance cross-functional teams and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Work with engineering, product, and marketing teams to deliver products successfully.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Proven business leadership and results in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B Cannabis business as evidenced by market share gain and leadership.
- Strong command of B2B business strategy development across disparate and changing markets.
- Experience in building, selling, marketing, and scaling technology products.
- Appreciation for the unique requirements of the cannabis advertising buyers.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on experience and motivation to work and adjust in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in senior-level business discussions.
- Equivalent of 15+ years of business leadership and development, operations, product management, and/or growth strategy experience.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee – employer-paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer-paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer-paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings), including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit, and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INCORRECT: email@example.com
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance; we appreciate your interest in working with us!